Thursday, June 14, 2007

My Grandpa Turns 80!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

My grandfather turned 80 in April. This is a picture of the tough old guy. He has been a farmer, father, sawmill worker, and grandfather. My grandmother died 6 years ago. He hasn't changed a bit. He still plants a massive garden every year. We could all learn a little from him. He says that farming keeps him young, and that when he can no longer farm then his life is not worth living.
This year he has planted 8 rows of cucumbers!!! He is an amazing person, and I think he has at least 10 years left in him. Maybe one day we'll be able to send his bday into Willard Scott!!! Anyway, this post is dedicated to my Grandpa. May he live out his years in comfort and surrounded by family and friends.

No comments: