Sunday, August 19, 2007

After Pics!

Okay, finally I have some after pics. These are of the kitchen. My new puppy, Ryan decided he needed to also be in a few of the shots.
I cleaned the kitchen from top to bottom for the shots today, and I even made Daniel adjust some of the cabinet doors so that they looked just right. He was grumbling...but it was worth it.
Then we went to Target and got a few things for our bedroom redo. I'll have those after pictures soon also.
To tell you a little about the kitchen let me begin with the fact that the previous owner of this little cottage kept his dogs in the kitchen most of the time. I'm guessing that he left them in there for extended periods of time, because when we pulled up the vinyl along the wall there was dog urine that had seeped into the subfloor underneath the vinyl. We had to sand the subfloor to remove the stains, and then we primed the floor for the new vinyl tiles.
Along with the new floors, we also painted in the kitchen and made some other small changes. We replaced the refridgerator with a much larger one, if you got the space why not use it right? We also placed a cabinet in the corner beside the table which we use as a pantry. Soon, I hope we'll be getting something with a bit more character, but for now this thing works.
We painted the walls SW Clary Sage, which is a color I am absolutely in love with. The previous owner had the walls painted a forest green, and with only one window the kitchen was so dark. The lighter color helps alot, but what I wouldn't do for another window!
Okay, I know you've been dying to see some after shots, so I won't hold out on you any longer.

1 comment:

Allison said...

Oooh, your doggie is so cute! I love your sunflowers, too. The kitchen looks great!