Sunday, August 26, 2007

Some More After Pics

BEFORE





AFTER








These are a few after pictures I took of my house this afternoon. As you can see from the before pictures we have worked on the front hardscape and landscaping quite a bit in the two years we have been here. First, we pulled out the old sidewalk that had been horribly cracked by our large maple tree. We decided not to spring for actual flagstone for the walk, and so instead we used the pieces of concrete from the original sidewalk. Then we filled in with the cheapest gravel we could find. We lined the walkway with landscaping timbers, and we also made two flower beds out in front on the little hill (that was a pain to mow) with the timbers. Of course, as you can see my plantings in these beds are sparse at best. I have no excuses really. All I can say is that next year will be better.


These last two are just pictures of some of the things I have on my porch, which you can't see from the sidewalk shots. The white chair I got at an awesome yard sale last year, and the blue pot and metal frogs were gifts from my mother in law.




















In other news, as of tonight we have started repainting the hallway and the living room. Repainting you ask, well, its a long story (as all things are with me of course), but to make a long story short, I hated the color of the living room/hallway from the moment we started rolling it on. However, there was no time for new paint, and most importantly no money for new paint. So, now two years later I'm finally repainting. I have been struggling with the color choice for awhile now, but thanks to the trusty Cottage Living Magazine I have been inspired. We are doing a three tone scheme. Its hard to explain so I'm providing some pictures. The first wall is far from finished (the darker color definitely needs a second coat) so this is a work in progress pic. I absolutely love the colors, and I think it will do lots for brightening up the living room and the hallway in the house.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.