Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Goodbye Good Friend

In a few days, my best friend Allison is leaving on a big adventure. Her and her boyfriend Georg are leaving for Vienna, yes the Vienna in Austria. I wish them all the best, but the selfish side of me wishes they were staying so we could share many more dinners and bottles of wine together.
Allison and I are planning on corresponding the old fashioned way, which is so exciting! I can't wait to get started. I have some wonderful things to create and send to her. I also thought of a cool idea. We could decide on a book to read and only talk about it in our letters. We could make the choice a classic or we could just read a modern chic lit, or as per our previous conversations something societally important.
To my really good friends, Allison and Georg I hope you have a safe and speedy trip to your destination. We have thoroughly enjoyed your company and we will miss your witty banter and insights into a world so few of us understand.

An Irish Blessing
May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind always be at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
and rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

1 comment:

Allison said...

Awww, thanks! I miss you already! I will email you my new address soon and we can begin our quest to be women of letters!