Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Life Lately around the Cardinal Cottage

Life for us lately has been crazy. As I have written about before, I just got a new job. So far, I like it, but it is very draining on me physically and mentally.
The next project on the home improvement list is rehabbing the old deck in back. Right now, its just a plain deck with really bad stairs. We are planning on putting up a railing, which is to code as the deck is not to code right now. We are also planning on building a pergola on one side and I want to plant a vine/flower called a purple passion flower to grow up it.
The flower is native to KY and a marvelous specimen can be viewed on the corner of Bardstown Rd beside Ramsi's Cafe on the World. We are also planning on building two new sets of stairs. Then someday we are planning on fencing off part of the yard to make a dog run which will integrate with the deck so that the dogs will have a place to run and not destroy my yard in the process as they have done this year.


Passiflora Incarnata (Purple Passion Flower)





We are heading to WV this weekend for a visit with the family and next weekend will be busy as well with deck work going on and a a mandatory trip to the annual St James Court Art Show held in Old Louisville.
http://www.stjamescourtartshow.com/

Of course I will have photos of all this to show you. That reminds me I also need some photos to liven up my boring cubicle at work. Well, among all the other things I think that gives me plenty to do. Not to mention finishing the painting in the living room! I need to get busy. Until next time!

1 comment:

Allison said...

Ooh, if you remember, take a picture of my old apt. building during St James! That would be fun to see!